Petrochemical Products Laboratory
The Petrochemical Products Laboratory operates on the Petromidia platform and provides a large area of specific tests for quality evaluation of polymers and products processed from polymers;
In this respect, a wide range of highly technical tests are carried out in the laboratory: physical and mechanical tests, thermal, optical, rheological tests and specific attempts to comply with the EU requirements and national legislation in force (determining the heavy metal content from polymers: Cd, Cr, Hg and Pb and determination of specific and global component migration in accordance with the requirements of European Directive 10/2011/EC – Food Contact Regulations.
The quality of RQC testing services is confirmed by excellence certifications obtained by participating in proficiency tests organized by ASTM International USA, along with approximately 150 major international companies operating on the polymer market (Dow, ENI, Chevron, Basell, Exxon, etc).
The laboratory provides to internal and external customers with specific tests for:
- Evaluating the quality of polymers and products processed from polymers by carrying out a wide range of tests: physical and mechanical, thermal, optical, rheological and specific tests for compliance with requirements of the European Union and the national legislation in force;
- Assessing the physical properties of natural gas and combustible gases;
- Evaluating the quality of polymerizable ethylene and propylene; we have a gas chromatograph with a mass spectrophotometer and technical capability to determine all polymerizable ethylene / propylene impurities;
- Evaluating the quality of other petrochemical products (methanol, benzene, etc.);
Testing specific migration (quality of a given substance released from a material or object in food or food simulants) and testing the global migration (the amount of non-volatile substances released from a material or object in food simulants).
This test includes determining the components of plastic materials and objects in contact with food, in accordance to the requirements of European Directive 10/2011/EC – Food Contact Regulations.
The laboratory includes an instrumental / special test compartment, consisting of:
- TU instrumental tests (chromatographic tests and spectrophotometric tests);
- TU special tests (analytical tests and physical and chemical tests);
- TU polymer testing (physical and mechanical tests, thermal, optical and rheological tests for polymer processing)